Qualifications for Joining Medi-Share
Medi-Share is based on the biblical principles of caring for and sharing in one another's burdens (as outlined in Galatians 6:2). And as such, adhering to biblical principles of health and lifestyle are important requirements for membership in Medi-Share.
Each adult must:
- Have a verifiable Christian testimony indicating a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and profess the Statement of Faith
- Attend a fellowship of believers, regularly and actively support that ministry, and live under the discipline of that body
- Share the conviction that believers are to bear one another’s burdens according to Galatians 6:2
- Believe the biblical doctrine that their bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and therefore are to be kept pure
- Must not engage in sex outside of traditional Christian marriage
- Cannot use tobacco or illegal drugs in any form, or abuse legal drugs or alcohol
- Be a U.S citizen (those serving abroad as missionaries may qualify) or a permanent resident with a visa or green card and Social Security number who lives full time in the United States
A complete and detailed list of qualifications can be found in the Medi-Share guidelines.