The Vision of Restore
To promote Biblical wholeness through leadership, resources, and programs of excellence that will guide, educate and inspire, enabling people to fully invest their time, talent, energy and finances in building the Kingdom of God.
Why should I consider Restore?
- Ninety percent of deaths are due to heart disease, diabetes, strokes, and cancers between the ages of 55-75.
- Most Americans are significantly overweight.
- More than half of insured Americans take drugs for chronic conditions.
- The lifetime probability of developing high blood pressure in America is 90%.
- Most women over 50 show signs of osteoporosis (brittle bones).
- If you are normal you should expect to spend the last 10-12 years of your life with significant disabilities.
- About two in five U.S. women at age 50 will eventually develop heart attacks or other cardiovascular problems.
- Some research suggests church members are actually unhealthier than the general population.
Why should I have Hope?
Research confirms that we are able to dramatically improve our health even if we have let it slip. For example, in one study 50% of type 2 diabetics reversed their condition in as little as 3 weeks with diet and exercise. In another study those with heart disease reported a 90% reduction in chest pain in 3 weeks. They also had significant and measurable reversal of heart disease and no medical events over the course of the 5 year study. God has designed our bodies with an amazing capacity to heal, but unless we are living life significantly different than those around us, we can expect the same results.
**For references to the data above click here